Small Business Saturday is this Saturday, Nov. 30, and many area businesses are offering local holiday markets and deals! Read on for a list of opportunities to support these local artisans and businesses this weekend.
Wondering why to shop local?
According to iheartretail.com:
* Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes. (Source: Seattle Good Business Network)
* If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same at a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy. (Source: Civic Economics Study in Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Made By Mom Gift Guide from WRAL Go Ask Mom
Sarah Hall, the WRAL Go Ask Mom editor, has put together a great list of a dozen local businesses run by parents who are offering products that they have created.
The list includes organic skincare products, embroidered dish towels, small batch handmade soaps, artisan jewelry, jersey skirts and tops, kaftans with hand-done embroideries, 100% soy wax candles (that are phthalate-free, lead-free, zinc-free and dye-free), old fashioned cookies, honey, beeswax candles and other hive products from a family farm, wooden signs including custom designs, fresh chips and salsa and more!
Click HERE to see the full list of local small businesses from the annual Made By Mom Gift Guide.
10th Annual Small Business Saturday Event in Downtown Raleigh
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is celebrating the 10th Annual Small Business Saturday by having an event from 11 am – 3 pm. According to their event page, you can “stop by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance #SmallBizSat tent at the corner of Hargett and Wilmington streets to pick up shopping maps, reusable bags, and other information to make your holiday shopping in downtown a breeze. See the details HERE.
Local Holiday Markets This Weekend
WRAL’s What’s On Tap has posted a list of local holiday markets taking place this weekend with plenty of locally made products including:
* 2019 Christmas Carousel Holiday Gift Market (North Carolina State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh) all weekend
* A City Market Christmas (City Market, 214 E Martin St, Raleigh) on Sunday
* Holiday Pop-Up Market at Transfer Co. (Transfer Co. Food Hall , 500 East Davie Street, Raleigh) on Saturday
* Handcrafted Durm (Durty Bull Brewing Company, 206 Broadway St Ste 104, Durham) on Saturday
* The Holiday Market (Quail Corners Shopping Center, 5003 Falls of Neuse Rd., Raleigh) on Saturday
* and more!
* The 2019 Makers Market hosted by Fuquay-Varina Arts Center and Fuquay-Varina Arts Council is Saturday, 11/30 from 10 am – 2 pm at the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center, 123 E. Vance Street, Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina 27526. According to their event page, “Come browse handcrafted, unique items in a pre-holiday sale sure to put you in the holiday mood! Featuring both established and new-to-the market crafters and artisans. This Makers’ Market will feature specialty items, one of a kind gifts and more.” See the details HERE.
Click HERE to see the full list of holiday markets this weekend and details, dates and times for each event.
Deals from Waverly Place Businesses
The following deals are from locations in Waverly Place at 302 Colonades Way #202, Cary, NC 27518.
Whisk: November 26 – December 6 – BOGO Gift Card Sale: Get a free gift card with the purchase of any gift card over $25 (Buy $25, get $5, Buy $50, get $10, Buy $100, get $20, Buy $150, get $30, Buy $200, get $40, Buy $250, get $50)
November 8 – December 2 – Wellness Matt Sale: Save 20% off Wellness Matts
Kale Me Crazy: November 29 – December 6: All gift cards are 20% off
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory – Cary: November 30, 9 AM – 9 PM: Buy One, Get One 50% off on all boxed chocolates
Finally, check out a long list of local Raleigh businesses HERE and a short list of local holiday deals HERE from Shop Local Raleigh’s website.
Published at Sat, 30 Nov 2019 05:31:00 +0000