Gov. Cooper’s press office says no announcement will be made Wednesday on future of schools

— A scheduled press conference with Gov. Roy Cooper will be held Wednesday afternoon but, according to a press briefing, he will not address the future of schools in North Carolina.

Cooper is scheduled to speak at 3 p.m. with an update on COVID-19. It’s been reported previously that an update on the status of schools would be determined based on COVID-19 numbers on July 1. However, in a press release Tuesday evening, the governor’s office said “Tomorrow’s (Wednesday) press conference will not include an announcement on how statewide K-12 public schools will open this coming school year.”

No further statement has been released by the governor or his press team about when that decision or announcement would be made.

Before Wednesday’s press conference, the NC Department of Health and Human Services released a 26-page “toolkit” for K-12 schools that outlined requirements and recommendations for safely returning to schools.

Published at Wed, 01 Jul 2020 02:10:11 +0000

Source: https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/gov-cooper-s-press-office-says-no-announcement-will-be-made-wednesday-on-future-of-schools/19169068/